I don’t know about you, but I LOVE a quick meal I can whip up to pack for lunch. I have been packing my lunch 5 days a week for the past year and this recipe is definitely a staple. I love that this recipe can be used to form many meals and there is enough ways of eating Tuna Salad that it will never be boring.
I wanted to share this quick and easy way to get more protein in during lunch. I love to make Tuna Salad, and eat it in a variety of ways. Some days I will put it on a salad, or even just eat it plain. It is a staple lunch food for me to take to work. There are so many ways to spice it up, but I’ll stick to showing you the simple recipe.
- 2 Packets or Cans of Tuna (I use packaged with water, but it really is your preference)
- 2 Tablespoons Mayo
- 1 Teaspoon Mustard
- Dash Salt/Pepper
- 1/2 Tablespoon Dill Relish (or cut up pickles)
- Dump the tuna into a tubberware container
- Add in the Mayo, Mustard, and Relish
- Stir together, add additional mayo/mustard based on your preference
- Season with Salt and Pepper
Make it a Meal
Okay, I know this may sound a tad weird, but one way I like to switch up my Tuna Salad is by adding some white rice and cucumbers. I like to eat it like a burrito bowl, adding the white rice, cut cucumbers, and tuna salad to a bowl.
Another variation I use is adding tomatoes and black olives to add a few different textures to the salad.
Do you have a go-to Tuna Salad recipe? Let me know below!