One of my favorite baked goods when growing up was a warm piece of Banana Bread with a bit of butter smeared on top. I have been trying out different recipes throughout my adulthood to get the perfect piece of banana bread.
Well – I come to you guys with my FAVORITE recipe I have discovered thus far.
I use Pinterest to find all of my new recipes, and love the variety of recipes are available at my fingertips. This recipe is pretty simple – and can be jazzed up with a few walnuts or chocolate chips. This particular recipe originally came from the wonderful blog, Simply Recipes.
- 2 to 3 very ripe bananas, peeled
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar (1/2 cup if you would like it less sweet)
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and butter a 4×8 inch loaf pan.
- Mash the ripe bananas with a fork. Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
- Stir in the baking soda and salt. Mix in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract. Stir in the flour.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour at 350 degrees, or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
-Ya’ll – you will be in pure bliss with this amazing recipe. The banana bread is full of flavor with a moist center. Each time I warmed up a piece, it was like I was enjoying a fresh piece from the oven.
I hope you enjoy this recipe, and add it to your favorites!
Check out more Kate’s Life Recipes