I was recently nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award from my fellow blogger, Suzanne at Fibromomblog. I wanted to take a moment to thank Suzanne for this award. She has been a big support of me and my blog through our community of bloggers and on social media. I am so gracious for the support community that surrounds me.
This award is to recognize bloggers who are positive influencers to the community around them. This award is given by fellow bloggers and circulates throughout the world. In order to accept the award, you must answer a few questions that are provided to you by your nominator.
Here are the questions from Suzanne below!
Why did you start your blog?
I started my blog in March of 2018 to help me grieve the loss of my mother-in-law. I completely fell in love with writing and creating content.
What is the most positive consequence from starting your blog?
I can manage my time better. Most days, I can get in everything I want to do – because I make time for it.
What is a major obstacle you have had to overcome in your life and how did you get over it?
There are many different directions I could take this questions. I had a pretty tough life growing up. The biggest obstacle I had to overcome was to find a way internally to not let everything that happened to me, define my life. As an adult, I get to determine what my life will look like and reach the goals I set for my life. I don’t have to be restricted based on how and where I grew up.
What is your number one goal for 2019? Or if you are like me your top 5?
I am a HUGE planner, so this one is easy. My top 5 goals for 2019 (in all areas of my life)
- Buy our forever home (Completed in March of 2019)
- Pay off my Credit Cards (Completed in May of 2019)
- Invest the income we made from our first home
- Have our home organized in a way that works for us
- Be consistent with my blog posts (So Far So Good)
If you could change something in the world or your own government what would it be and how would you go about doing it?
Honestly, I have no idea. This may sound bad, but I don’t try to think about / worry about things that I know I can not change. I try to stay present in my own life and focus on the things personally that I can work on.
What is your exercise routine?
I Lift Weights 4 days a week and have 1 day of Cardio a week. I do 10/15 minutes of Yoga / Stretching in the morning and night everyday.
What TV shows are you really into right now?
Jordan and I just finished the most recent season of Lucifer on Netflix.
Is there a good book you read recently that you recommend?
Girl, Wash Your Face and Girl, Stop Apologizing by Rachel Hollis.
What is one thing you wish your readers/followers new about you?
The support that my readers / followers give me, means the world to me.
Do you have siblings? How many and are you close with them?
This is a tricky one.
I grew up with 2 biological sisters my entire childhood. and I would say we closeish. We are all completely different individuals which I assume gets in the way of us being super close – but overall, we talk regularly and know what is going on in each others lives..
In recent years, both of my parents have remarried. My mothers new marriage brings in a stepsister. My dad’s new marriage brings in a half-sister (who is 23 years younger than me), 2 stepsisters, and a stepbrother.
Are you living your dream? If not, what are you doing to move forward towards living your dream?
I wouldn’t say that I am currently living my dream – but I am on my way! I have no complaints on how my life has been lately. One of my biggest dreams is to be a stay at home momma when we decide to have kids. To prepare for that and to make sure that it is a possibility, I am paying down my debt so that Jordan will have less of a financial burden when I am a SAHM.
Rules for the Sunshine Blogger Award
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog.
- List the Sunshine Blogger Award rules and display the logo on your site.
- Answer the Sunshine Blogger Award questions.
- Nominate other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about their nominations by commenting on one of their blog posts.
If you have already been given this award in the past, no need to respond. In fact, there is no pressure to respond at all. This is just a fun way to network and I personally think it is a high honor because other bloggers decide who to pass it on to next.
My 11 questions to my nominees
- How long have you been Blogging?
- What is your favorite Social Media Platform?
- When do you wake up in the morning?
- What is one thing you learned about yourself from creating a blog?
- What is your go-to coffee order?
- If you could have an endless supply of one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What is one goal you accomplished this year so far, that you are proud of?
- What is one goal you have on your list for the rest of the year?
- How do you overcome being overwhelmed?
- What is your favorite restaurant?
- What is your favorite birthday memory?