One essential nutrient that our body needs is H2O. The problem is, in 2018, it was found that 4 out of 5 individuals do NOT drink enough water daily. There are many bodily functions that can benefit with the correct intake of water. “Proper hydration is key not only to making sure we stay alert and energized, but also to keeping everything function in our bodies,” says Jaclyn London, MS,RD,CDN. Water can help hydrate your skin, aid in headaches, and keep your digestion in check. So my question to you…..
Are You Drinking Enough Water?!
A good rule of thumb is to take your weight and divide it into two. This number is how many ounces you should be drinking each day. So for example, if I were to weigh 100 pounds, I would want to intake 50 ounces of water each and every day.
It is good to note, this is just for your average day. If it is extra hot outside, or you are going on a hike, or exerting a lot of energy – it would be best to up your intake.
Tips To CHUG, CHUG, CHUG
- Carry a BIG water bottle everywhere! I personally own a 40 ounce HydroFlask.
- Drink a glass of water before each meal
- Drink 16 ounces of water after you wake up in the morning
- Try to infuse your water. Putting fruits in your water can help jazz up the taste.
- Ease yourself into drinking more water. If you’re afraid you can’t make it to the recommended amount – set up a smaller goal to achieve each week until you work up to the recommended amount for your body.
A fun little challenge my friends and I have on Instagram, is to tag each other in a quick story that says, Stop, Drop, and Chug. We immediately stop what we are doing and Chug some water. This helps us focus on getting our water intake in – while helping our community get their water intake in as well.
Feel free to tag me in your insta stories to stop, drop, and chug ANYTIME. I love supporting a fellow sister.
Check out my other posts about Health && Fitness.