It is officially vacation season. We are so excited to be leaving for our beach vacation in just a few short days. This is our first vacation in THREE years. We are so excited to spend our days and nights poolside in Florida. In celebration of our vacation – I wanted to share a few Road Trip Hacks. We will be driving about 13 hours straight to our destination. Luckily, we will be leaving in the wee hours of the morning so most of the trip – I will be snoozing.
To make these tips a little easier to navigate, I have decided to divide them into a few categories.
Healthy Road Trip Snacks
The one thing I despise most about road trips in the past is lack of healthy snacks and meals on the go. The last thing I want to worry about is how the junk food or fast food is going to affect my stomach while we are on a 13 hour drive (Sorry TMI 😛 ). This road trip I wanted to plan ahead and provide myself with some healthier alternatives so I know I will be good to go. Here are a few items I have purchased / will purchase for our trip this week.
- Grapes (Washed and put in a zip-lock)
- Cashews, Walnuts
- Kind Bars
- Green Pepper / Carrots and Dip
- Peanut Butter Sandwiches
- Roasted Chickpeas
Road Trip Essentials
These are my go-to items to make the road trip a little more comfy. I absolutely HATE car rides, so I will bring anything along that will make the time a little bit better.
- Pillow and blanket for the drive
- Comfy Socks and Nike Slides to easily take off shoes
- Small Trash Bag to keep your space clean
- Hand Sanitizer
- Toothbrush / Toothpaste to use at rest stops
- Essential Oil Blends
- Deck of Cards
- Bring a small cooler in car with you for snacks
- Bring a small trash bag to keep space clean
- Invest in a water bottle that keeps beverages cool for hours
- PLASTIC BAGS
- I will put anything that has a potential to leak in two plastic bags so there will be absolutely no spillage in my bags
- Use the Marie Kondo folding technique in your suitcase to maximize space.
My Go-To Electronics
For me, I would not be able to make it through a long road trip without electronics. I love having a device to listen to a podcast or audio books during the drive. This is my favorite way to relax during the long drive. Here are the electronics that we are bringing along with us this year. It is so important to have battery packs so that everyone in the car is not fighting for the car charger.
- iPad, Kindle
- Battery Pack
- Wireless Headphones
- Handheld Gaming System (We specifically have the Switch)
Take a look at more Tips and Tricks from Kate’s Life