We are quickly approaching the last three months of the year. It’s crazy to think we have almost finished 2019. This year I am trying something different as we get closer to 2020. Rachel Hollis has a program where she focuses on creating habits to help propel yourself into the new year.
I remember last year around this time – Rach was standing on her soap box preaching about how important it is to get started early. To start focusing on the person you want to be now – so you can get a few habits under your belt. To be honest, I was a little scared to commit to the five to thrive last year – but after following her for the past year, I’m ready to jump in headfirst to this year’s challenge.
I’ve actually started practicing these habits this month to prepare me for the last 90 days. I am so excited for this challenge – as I have been struggling with my goals and habits a little bit.
The last 90 days is committing to checking off 5 things each day and every day. This challenge is all about committing to yourself in order to grow yourself. These five tasks are called the “Five to Thrive”. The great thing about the five to thrive is you can adapt each task to your life.
Best thing about this challenge? IT’S FREE. All you need to do is sign up to get weekly emails of encouragement and learn more about the five to thrive – and why it is important.
Rach’s Five to Thrive
- Get up one hour earlier – and use this time for yourself
- Workout for at least 30 minutes
- Drink half your weight in ounces daily
- Give up one food category you know you shouldn’t be having
- Write down 5 things you are grateful for each day.
How I am adapting the Five to Thrive
- I am getting up at 7:00am – I will be using this extra time to do my Start Today Journal, Yoga/Stretching, and reading a bit of my personal development book. By using the time in the morning to do these tasks, I free up a little time in my evening to use on other things.
- Currently, I aim for 5 days in the gym – but with this challenge, I will use the days I’m not in the gym to walk miss Lucy girl around the neighborhood.
- I implemented this task already and have been KILLING this! This week, I downloaded a simple water tracker app on my phone last week and have been aiming to hit it each day. So far, I have reached my goal 5 out of 6 days. My skin has had a few more pimples this week due to all this water flushing out toxins, but I am looking forward to my face calming down in a few weeks.
- This one will be the hardest on me. I am giving up added sugar treats. BIG YIKES. I have been trying to cut back this week, so that it will be a little easier come October. (yes this means no desserts at thanksgiving and Christmas – but I’ve got this!!)
- I currently accomplish this with my Start Today Journal. One thing I want to work on during the last 90 days is consistency. I maybe get my journal done three days out of the week right now – but that needs to change.
Do you want to join me in the last 90 days? Check out this info: Last 90 Days by Rachel Hollis
Check out more personal growth posts from Kate’s Life