One of my favorite activities since entering the workforce as an adult are the pitch-ins at work. At my current company, our team tries to have one pitch in a month. Sometimes, it is more like once a quarter – but hey we try. LOL. I have been selected as the pitch-in caption on our team, meaning I try to come up with different themes, schedule the pitch-in, and send out the sign-up list.
All Hail Pinterest
I found this delicious recipe when I was looking for a quick pitch-in food I could bring into work. I had forgotten all about the pitch-in until the night before and had just enough time to run to the store and bake something simple in the morning. This year, we had an increase in the number of pitch-ins and I was quickly running out of ideas. My right hand man, Pinterest came in clutch with this cheesy hash brown casserole. The first time I made this, I threw all ingredients together within five minutes in the morning and put it in the oven as I was getting ready. I kept it warm in my car with the seat warmers.
32 oz Bag of Frozen Hash Browns, Thawed (Cubed or Shredded)
2 Cups Sour Cream (16 oz)
1 Small Onion, Finely Chopped
1 Can Cream of Chicken, Cream of Mushroom, Cheese Soup, or Potato Soup
2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/4 Cup Butter, Melted
1 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a 13×9 pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the potatoes, sour cream, onion, cream soup, 1 1/2 cups cheese, butter, salt and pepper.
- Mix well and taste for additional salt and pepper if necessary.
- Spread into prepared pan and bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese. Bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until golden and bubbly.
Everyone LOVED this hash brown casserole in the office and I can’t wait for our next pitch in order to bring you more simple recipes from Pinterest.
Are you interested in more of my favorites recipes? Check out more delicious and simple Recipes from Kate’s Life.